Teen Connect: Rock Climbing Program
Ages: 13 to 17
Frequency: Twice per month (Saturdays)
Time: NOTE: Climbing is currently running in ONE session from 11:30am-2pm.
The Teen Connect program is specifically designed for youth who are 13 to 17 years of age. Indoor rock climbing provides our teens with an outlet for fun, along with many direct and indirect benefits, including:
- Goal setting (and achieving)
- Decision making (positive, sustainable judgment)
- Responsibility, Trust, Commitment
- Problem solving, Creativity, Improvisation
Teen Connect rock climbing programs are run in two different groups on Saturdays, from either 10am-12pm or 12pm-2pm. Registration is limited to 7 kids per group (14 teens total). All new parents are required to complete the Child Information and Caregiver Information forms (found on the right side of this page).
Kids at Heart is proud to partner with The Young Ascenders to support teens in developing key life skills.
The Young Ascenders welcomes youth from all walks of life into the climbing community and provides learning opportunities about support, communication, problem solving, resilience, self-awareness, trust, self-efficacy, positive thinking habits and more via climbing activities. Using rock climbing as a pedagogical tool, we have designed this program specifically for teens.
Teen Connect: Grounding Program
Ages: 13 to 17
Frequency: Twice per month (Fridays)
Come join us at Wayfinders Garden, where teens can come to a fun, safe, and welcoming environment full of experiences that focus on our whole selves. We provide a wide variety of activities that balance supervised free play and creativity with intentional programming designed to cultivate community and holistic health. Plus, we have friendly goats!
Highlights of this program include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivating mental/emotional/physical/social health and resiliency through experiential learning activities, discussions, and journaling.
- Exploring creativity and play through art, writing, music, and games.
- Interacting with our five beloved pet goats – companions whose goofy demeanors bring a sense of calming to anyone who meets them.
- Soaking in the beauty of nature at our two-acre regenerative garden with gorgeous mountain view and access to local ponds, rivers, and natural areas.
- Exploring the lessons that Earth has to teach us through the parallels of cultivating growth both in plants and in ourselves.
Attendees are encouraged to bring water, snacks, and layers of clothes. We frequently paint, so bring clothes that can potentially get paint on them.
Let's Get Social
Keep in Touch!
Email Address *