Employment With Kids at Heart
Join our team!
The Kids at Heart team is looking for experienced caregivers for part-time (generally twice per month) Saturday events. We prefer experienced caregivers and do require a series of background checks for all staff members.
What is a Group Leader?
The Kids at Heart group leaders are responsible for leading a group of kids at our twice per month 4-hour Fundango events. As a GL our team members help kids with art, STEM, coloring, playing games and maintaining safe and healthy behaviors while in our care.
Who is an ideal Group Leader?
If you have experience working in a day care setting, you likely have most of the skills and experience we prefer. However, some of our group leaders were also babysitters or volunteered with kids programs. We want to see that you’re patient, caring and consistent with kids.
What makes our kids unique?
Unlike kids who are are raised with their biological parents, many of our kids are adopted, in a kinship program or in the foster care system. This means they have likely experienced some type of trauma as a result of their parents or from being removed from their biological parents.
Due to Covid, our programs have been temporarily paused while we continue to monitor the case numbers in Northern Colorado. However, we are optimistic about re-starting in January of 2021.
Job Description: Group Leader
Kids at Heart Mission: Kids at Hearts supports foster, adoptive, and kinship families through regular respite events. While parents have a break for a few hours, we provide informed care for kids who range from newborn to 18 years of age.
The Kids at Heart Fundangos are twice per month on Saturdays from 2:00 to 8:00 pm. Staff members work approximately 12 hours per month during the school-year and generally once per month during the summer. Additional hours are occasionally available throughout each year.
Group Leaders serve as the primary caregivers for the children participating with Fundango. Group Leaders lead groups of 6-12 foster, kin, adoptive or biological children through rotations with the assistance of 2-3 volunteers.They will also be responsible for the volunteers assigned to their group.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate the needs of the children to the Fundango Program Director.
- Communicate with parents regarding their children focusing on the positive.
- Attend Fundangos as scheduled.
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures
- Provide a safe and positive environment for high needs children to learn and grow within
- Keep kids on track in a caring way.
- Encourage children to engage with their group members
- Collaborate with the Fundango Program Director to address any significant discipline issues
- Provide consistency and foster trusting relationships with the children.
- Be available and willing to attend trainings as necessary to increase skills.
- Accompany and monitor children through rotations.
- Provide consistent and appropriate supervision for volunteers assigned to your group.
- Provide support and instruction for volunteers who work alongside the group leader during the Fundango event
- Must have experience working with children.
- Must have experience working with high needs children both physical and emotional.
- Must have positive communication skills.
- Must have good problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to attend the majority of scheduled Fundangos.
- Must have or attain Infant/Child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a fingerprint and CBI background check prior to starting.
Job Type: Part-time
Starting Salary: $12.32 /hour
Let's Get Social
Keep in Touch!
Email Address *