We’re nearing our second Covid Easter. Strange but true. Covid has been in our lives for a year and we’re starting to pass milestones for another year.
If your family is like mine, we seem to enjoy the simple interactions of going to a store and talking to a live human (other than those in our family). I’m kidding but there is definitely something missing in our person-to-person communication.
Now is a great time to refresh you Easter plans. Create some new traditions, games and crafts with your kids. The Hershey company has published a blog about celebrating Easter located here.
Here are my latest tips:
- Even though some people have been vaccinated, there’s no reason to “let your guard down”. According to the CDC we still need to be vigilant in social distancing, mask wearing and avoiding indoor gatherings with friends and family.
- Decorate Easter eggs. It’s easy to do with your kids.
- Create an Easter egg hunt in your backyard or at a local park.
- Setup a zoom call with your friends and family. If you need help, we have an account and I’d be happy to create the meeting for you to manage. Just email me.
- Order some crafts your kids can use to make decorations or send to loved-ones.
- Watch your favorite Easter shows using a streaming service.
- Establish a new tradition that can be continued after Covid is a distance memory. Maybe it’s baking easter cookies or having your kids make cards for family members.
If you’re an active Kids at Heart family, we would be happy to send our 2021 Easter Egg Character Ornament Craft Kit to you.
It will include supplies for each of your kids to make an Easter ornament. It’s a fun craft for kids to enjoy on the days leading up to Easter, and on Easter itself, they will love creating their own little characters to hang up with the rest of your Easter decorations. Includes self-adhesive foam pieces for decorating egg shapes into Easter bunny faces. Approx. 5″ x 8″ Makes 12. All craft kit pieces are pre-packaged for individual use. Kits include instructions and extra pieces.
Order it here until March 20. Be sure to include your mailing address in the registration form.